Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ash Wednesday

The Master leads
by emptying people's minds
and filling their cores,
by weakening their ambition
and toughening their resolve.
He helps people lose everything
they know, everything they desire,
and creates confusion
in those who think that they know.

This is what I need to learn how to do - weaken my ambition and toughen my resolve. Work hard and dream big without thinking about it...or something like that.

Great day with Mom today! Went running in the rain, shopped, watched TV, went to church. All lovely.

Have managed to stick with my goals so far. Have to keep it up. And also force myself to go to bed when I'm tired, rather than trying to stay up doing something mindless because I'm dreading all the work I have to do the next day and/or because I'm trying to continue working on something for college. That's another goal! A trivial-sounding, yet important one that I think could be key to ensuring the accomplishment of my other goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment