Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Therefore the Master
acts without doing anything
and teaches without saying anything.
Things arise and she lets them come;
things disappear and she lets them go.
She has but doesn't possess,
acts but doesn't expect.
When her work is done, she forgets it.
That is why it lasts forever.

------------------------------------------------
What does this mean? I suppose that's what I'll be working towards over Lent to find out. Whatever wu wei is, I want to be able to do it. 


I'm making a promise to myself now to get a lot of reading and research done for my classes tomorrow, but also to enjoy the time I'll be spending with my mom. (It is spring break, after all!)


When I went for a run yesterday, I heard frogs peeping for the first time! Spring has sprung!


I love seeing crocuses everywhere. They're the harbingers of that "morning of pale spring," "so fair, yet so cold," "still clinging to Winter's chill" (to quote Wormtongue in The Two Towers).


The playground I used to visit as a kid has grown since I last visited. It is heartening to see my hometown moving forward in my absence, yet it also makes me feel transient. Somehow, that is both sad and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment